I have lived in about 15 different places, and I have never seen carpet this bad.Even the cheap apartment I rented after college had better quality than the 3rd level upgrade I paid thousands of dollars extra to upgrade for my new home.
My boyfriend and I have no kids, no pets, do not wear shoes in the house, and the Shaw carpet we purchased looks like it's several years old and frizzing even in the corners where no one walks. After 1 month of moving in, we noticed the fraying. In areas where we do walk it looks EVEN worse. America's Floor Source contacted Shaw, who sent an independent contractor to investigate.
The contractor told me he was out in my neighborhood a few days prior because one of my neighbors was complaining about the same issue. I just received a letter today saying that there is nothing wrong with the carpet. So... just a word of warning, if you want frizzy, matted, thin carpet then contact Shaw Floors and America's Floor Source.
Otherwise, I would look elsewhere. Since Shaw doesn't care, I will have to replace the carpet on my own dime. Very disappointing...!
Pictures are attached.Compare the carpet they gave me (pics 1, 2, and 3) to the carpet in the show room (pic 4).
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Show room sample
What I disliked
- Quality of the carpet installed
You May Also Like
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "Leaf filter installed today and I'm already ticked off. Had to haul off the garbage that the contractor left behind. They used two different screens, one of which..."
- "Have a new house built in 2010 with 40 Marvin casement style, metal clad, wood windows with retractable screens; 4 metal clad wood sliding doors with low profile sills; and..."
- "I bought my couches from Southern Motion and after a little over a year they started peeling- now I have to throw them out after only a few years. I..."
- "I ordered my windows earlier this year (2016). I had done reviews but obviously didnt sig far enough. I also had other companies sat we cannot beat their prices. I..."
- "I bought mashed potatoes in the two pack. I found 4 "things" in one of them, about the size of a dime, triangle-shaped. Could be large bugs, or..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."