Shaw Floors - Worst Carpet Ever!

1 of 8 Shaw Floors reviews

I have lived in about 15 different places, and I have never seen carpet this bad.Even the cheap apartment I rented after college had better quality than the 3rd level upgrade I paid thousands of dollars extra to upgrade for my new home.

My boyfriend and I have no kids, no pets, do not wear shoes in the house, and the Shaw carpet we purchased looks like it's several years old and frizzing even in the corners where no one walks. After 1 month of moving in, we noticed the fraying. In areas where we do walk it looks EVEN worse. America's Floor Source contacted Shaw, who sent an independent contractor to investigate.

The contractor told me he was out in my neighborhood a few days prior because one of my neighbors was complaining about the same issue. I just received a letter today saying that there is nothing wrong with the carpet. So... just a word of warning, if you want frizzy, matted, thin carpet then contact Shaw Floors and America's Floor Source.

Otherwise, I would look elsewhere. Since Shaw doesn't care, I will have to replace the carpet on my own dime. Very disappointing...!

Pictures are attached.Compare the carpet they gave me (pics 1, 2, and 3) to the carpet in the show room (pic 4).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Show room sample
  • What I disliked
    • Quality of the carpet installed

Reason of review:
Shaw Carpet Starlight Summer Straw 2Upall
Review category
Building Products
review #952215 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Shaw Floors? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 8 Shaw Floors reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.